Traditional Carrot Cake with Brazil Nut
A family recipe that you’ll love found at AllRecepies/UK| Ireland – by Baje and tested at home! Delicious!!
Serving 10 pieces
- 350g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250ml grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 4 carrots, grated
- 150g sultanas or raisins
- 60g brazil nuts (chopped)
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 310g icing sugar
- 50g butter
- 1/3 tub cream cheese (for desired consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3
- Grease a 20x30cm cake tin.
- For the cake: First of all, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until it is firm and reserve.
- Then beat together caster sugar and egg yolk while gradually adding oil until sugar granules are dissolved and you get a smooth texture.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients to form a consistent mixture.
- Fold in carrots, raisins and brazil nuts.
- At last add carefully the whipped egg whites.
- Pour into baking tin.
- Bake until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- For the icing, mix all ingredients together and spread over cake, only once it has cooled completely!
Superb dessert to eat with loads of whipped cream!