Brazil Nut “Brigadeiro” and Nutella
It’s party time at Casa de Irene blog, with this simple and quick recipe, that will cheer and feed the kids and delight the family.
Serving about 20 brigadeiros (small balls)
- 1 can of condensed milk (Nestlé)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 60g chopped Brazil Nuts
- 1 small pot of Nutella
- Refined sugar
- Chop the Brazil Nuts into very small pieces and set aside, if you prefer use a mixer.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, combine the condensed milk with the butter and bring to the fire until it loosens from the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and mix the nuts.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass tray and let it cool down.
- With the hands moistened in water, roll the mixture into small balls and pass them through the refined sugar;
- Place the Nutella into the Icing bag and decorate the small balls (brigadeiros) with Nutella;
- If you do not have the Icing bag, use a thick plastic bag and cut one edge.
- Put in the shape of your choice and serve!
- Super tip: Do not leave the spoon inside the mixture while it cools down, this makes it sugary, valid for all brigadeiros.
No need to do everything at once: Lasts up to 4 days before you roll them into “brigadeiros”!