Brazil Nut Cake with Fondant
Super simple recipe by Sandra Matarazzo, from the Recipes and Seasoning blog, excellent dessert to accompany the delights of this site!
Serving 12 slices
- 300g of wheat flour (2 cups)
- 400g sugar (2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 jar of natural yogurt (160g)
- 1/3 cup (tea) orange juice (juice of 1 orange)
- 1 cup (tea) Brazil Nuts
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 chopped Brazil Nuts for decoration
- Chop the Brazil Nuts in tiny pieces;
- In the mixer bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil;
- Afterwards, continue adding the sifted wheat flour alternating with yogurt and orange juice;
- Next, add the reserved baking powder and Brazil Nuts, mix well;
- Add the mixture to a greased and flour a pan;
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C);
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until it’s lightly golden;
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little to remove it.
Meanwhile, let’s prepare the icing:
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients forming a smooth and homogeneous cream;
- Cover the cake immediately with the topping and sprinkle the chopped nuts for finalizing.
Hold the kids! Wait to cool down and serve!